This is the official website of the Australian School of Contemporary Chinese (ASCC). The ASCC may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time, and will update these Terms and Conditions on the Website. Your continued use of the Website after such amendments will constitute acceptance of the amendments by You.
By accessing and/or using the Website, including any services on the Website, You indicate Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
1. You are permitted to access and use the Website including the services on the Website solely for your personal, non-commercial use, subject to your continued compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
2. You acknowledge that ASCC explicitly prohibits and you agree not to access or use the Website to
- provide any false, misleading or deceptive information, including but not limited to, your identity and personal information
- violate any law or regulation, or cause ASCC to violate any law or regulation
- be abusive, defamatory, discriminatory, hateful, obscene, vulgar, offensive, threatening or otherwise objectionable
- harass, stalk or otherwise subject any other person to unwanted or inappropriate contact or communication
- send unsolicited mail or email, make unsolicited phone calls, send unsolicited faxes or advertise any products or services by making any unsolicited contact with users whose email, telephone, postal or other contact details You have established via the Website
- harvest or otherwise collect information about other users of the Website for any purpose other than as expressly authorised by ASCC
- deliberately distribute or execute any computer virus or any other program or code intended to disrupt or disable operations of the Website.
3. Except for information provided by You, all pages, documents, HTML code, applications, graphics, audio and video that appear on the Website are protected by copyright law or by trademarking. The copyright is, and remains at all times, the property of ASCC. The material may be viewed online by means of a web browser or reproduced in hard copy for personal reference only.
4. Apart from fair dealing for the purpose of private study, research, criticism or review, without prior written permission from ASCC, the material may not be:
- reproduced by any other process; or
- distributed or transmitted electronically to any other person; or
- incorporated by any means into another document or material (including other websites),
- used or accessed to the Website by any automatic tool, including “spiders”, “crawlers”, “robots” or offline browsing tools without prior written consent.
5. Neither the ASCC, the owner of this website, nor the developer of the site, will be liable, in regard to the materials in, or the use of, this website, for any damages or injuries caused by (including but not limited to) any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation of transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access or alteration of this website.